Friday, March 16, 2012

Divergent

Divergent was one of the absolute best books about a dystopian society! I was in complete ecstasy the entire time I was reading it. The main protagonist Tris is one of the best book characters i've ever read about it (and i've read alot of books). The fact that she was just a normal girl made her more amazing in my opinion. She was tough, and stubborn, and vulnerable in an endearing sort of way. Her passion to remain strong and become a member of Dauntless was inspirational; and her cunning made her all the more bad a** I would have loved to receive more insight on her past and why being a part of Abnegation was so hard for her. The way she developed throughout the book supported the, shall we say flavor of the book. And don't even get me started on Four! He brought the mystery, sexiness, and inner turmoil that the book needed to  go a little deeper. I love how throughout the book he remained true to his own character and managed to help develop Tris' as well.This book definitely did not disappoint and i would recommend it to anyone who is sick of the vampire sucking romance's that seem to be taking over the book stores.

1 comment: